AW: Reasons to include ECC to our charter

2001-08-09 07:50:02

You can't add [ECC] to the _standard_ because of restrictive
licensing.
?!?
The openPGP standard is exactly this - "open". So of course we can add
ECC (it is still reserved). Or do you mean patents on ECC?
That is also no Problem, because patents only apply to the applications
that implement the standard - they need to licence the algorithms.
If not licenced, the application may not support ECC (but is still
conform to the standard - same as for elgamal).
--
Dominikus Scherkl
Biodata Application Security AG