Re: AW: Reasons to include ECC to our charter

2001-08-18 09:20:16

At 3:33 PM +0200 8/15/01, Dominikus Scherkl wrote:
Hi.

 > IIRC, not all ECC stuff is patented, only curves over GF(q), q even,
 > which can be implemented efficiently using two-valued logic.

 As I read it, this I-D includes these.
But it also includes Curves over GF(q), q prime or a power of some
odd prime. I wouldn't appreciate it much to exclude some stuff,
now that we have a definition including simply every finite field.

I agree with Dominkus on this point. As long as what he has defined gives a means for any ECC curve deemed useful, I believe that finesses the IPR issues raised by Certicom's patents.