Re: Reasons to include ECC to our charter

2001-08-09 08:04:32

On 2001-08-09 16:49:49 +0200, Dominikus Scherkl wrote:

The openPGP standard is exactly this - "open". So of course we can add ECC (it is still reserved). Or do you mean patents on ECC? That is also no Problem, because patents only apply to the applications that implement the standard - they need to licence the algorithms. If not licenced, the application may not support ECC (but is still conform to the standard - same as for elgamal).

That is, ECC can't be a mandatory part of the standard.

--
Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/