Re: About User-ID's

2001-08-19 09:58:08

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 17:08:29 -0700 (PDT), Len Sassaman said:

So, not to say that this won't happen, but I haven't seen any evidence
that is does currently.

People who are currently using PGP keys are not a valuable audience
for spammers.

If in the future it is common to use encryption, spammer will have a
serious problem: They can't use an open relais to send their trash and
save on their on bandwidth - they would have to get the key of each
recipient, encrypt to this key and send them utilizing there own
resourses.  This will be far too expensive for the common mass spam
attacks.  Yes, I assume that every MTA will at that time drop non
encrypted mail ;-)

  Werner