Re: Diffs for next draft

2001-08-27 07:29:12

Jon Callas <jon(_at_)callas(_dot_)org> writes:

This is my point: I don't see an obvious best answer. Furthermore, 2440 is
a data specification standard, not a user interface guide or software
construction manual.

Yes, and I strongly suggest to keep it that way.  I might have uttered
a different opinion in the past, but after a closer look at the USEFOR
draft and the associated process I came to the conclusion that one
better clearly separates syntax and basic semantics on the one side
and higher level semantics (even layer 8 stuff) on the other side.

--
Florian Weimer
Florian(_dot_)Weimer(_at_)RUS(_dot_)Uni-Stuttgart(_dot_)DE