Re: Reasons to include ECC to our charter

2001-09-03 05:38:04

Bodo Moeller wrote:
A caveat is that we do not know about additional pending patents that
Certicom may have.  Specifically, Certicom claims to have a patent
application covering point compression, and noone else really knows
what is in it.  So it may be prudent to avoid compressed point
representations.

It seems to me entirely unacceptable that we should even be discussing
I-Ds which relate to patents of unknown content. Certicom should either
reveal what they do or do not have pending, or go away.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html