Re: What's left before a new RFC?

2002-04-18 01:17:24

Jon,

I agree with Thomas on the UTF-8 issue.

For the Version and Comment headers, I propose to state that they are UTF-8, but for interoperability, implementations SHOULD restrict themselves to generate ASCII characters. This phrase may be put in section 14 as a general comment.

-Marcel

Jon Callas wrote:

When I sent out bis04, it had all previous changes and additions in it.

Thomas Roessler is convincing me that I may need to tighten up the language
about UTF-8. If anyone out there disagrees with him, speak up.

I'm willing to put in a note to say that the Version and Comment headers in
armor SHOULD or MUST be ASCII. I don't like it (I want everything to be
UTF-8), but I'll do it. Is UTF-7 too grotesque?

I know of no other desired changes. I would like bis-05 to be Penultimate
Call. Does anyone object?

        Jon