Re: Further deprecating PGP2

2003-03-11 10:29:09

At 05:43 PM 3/10/2003 -0800, Jon Callas wrote:

On 3/10/03 9:30 AM, "Derek Atkins" <derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com> wrote:

Second, as I have mentioned, in PGP Corp, we have effectively deprecated V3
keys on our own, pushing people to V4. There's more we can do (like taking
IDEA off the UI), but even if we were utterly radical and stopped generating
all V3 keys, we wouldn't stop decrypting messages with V3 keys. That's
ludicrous.

Importing an RSA certificate as a V3 key doesn't exactly sound like deprecation
to me. Any chance this will be corrected in PGP8 the near future? (Converting
a cert into a V4 key with appropriate algorithm preferences is not that hard.)

-mjm