Re: OpenPGP Administrivia

2003-05-01 10:55:16

A clueful member of the WG asked:

What is the username and password for the RT?

Unfortunately I was just informed that the RT Queue is not completely
set up for public access, yet.  I'm sorry for jumping the gun on
publishing the URL.  I'll let you know the guest username/password
when I find it out.  I'm an RT newbie myself and have never used it
before, so I was unaware of the lack of prominent guest account.

I'll be sure to mail out the info as soon as I find it.

-derek

Derek Atkins <derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com> writes:

Hi,

As was announced yesterday, I'm the new chair of OpenPGP.  My goals
(as somewhat explained to me by the ADs) are to finish up the existing
work and try to ramp down the WG.  This means finishing up all the
open issues, getting 2440bis out the door, and either shutting down
or rechartering based on what else is left to do.

Another task that I've been asked is to use an online system to keep
track of all the open issues.  To further this end we've had an RT
Queue created at https://rt.psg.com/ to keep track of all the open
issues.  I'd like to try to use this system to make sure we don't lose
anything through the cracks.  However, I'm as new to this as you are,
so this is going to be a learning experience for all of us.  The ADs
have asked for me to write up the issues with using RT.

However, one thing I am lacking is a list of open issues in the
existing work.  I'm hoping that John or Jon has a list so we can seed
the RT queue.  If all else fails I can go re-read the last year's
worth of email and try to glom out the open issues (but I suspect many
of the issues are older than that).  You can send issues to the list,
to me directly, or add them to the RT queue.

Lastly, Vienna is coming up soon (well, soonish)...  If we're going to
meet I need to know if we have topics to discuss, and if so what they
are and how long it will take.  We still have plenty of time to request
a slot, but as always the early-bird gets the good slots ;)

That's all for now, from your friendly neighborhood working-group chair.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com