Re: Whither the 0x40 timestamp signature?

2004-04-22 07:14:33

* Ian Grigg wrote:
Lutz Donnerhacke wrote:
I do have an application for this type of signature without providing
the full meaning of notary (0x50) signatures.

When you say "I do have ..." are you saying that this
is in existence, or that you are proposing this as a
potential future use of 0x40 sigs?

Only a potential future use. I'd only show a real world need for such things.

some obscure sense, I think it's better to leave old
uses to die, and allocate new codes to new purposes,
even if close.

Ok. Remove it.

Thirdly (as I mooted in a prior post) I think we should
be seriously considering putting the RFC process into
feature freeze.

Ack.