Re: Status of RFC2440

2004-10-20 03:02:54

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:23:23 +0100, Ian Grigg said:

the market, it has the support of all the major
players, whereas rfc2440 has not, and it has the
ISO label.  All of these things equate to "it's

With respect to email encryption OpenPGP is the standard protocol most
people want to go with because it is kown to work.  At least this is
what I hear from companies looking into ways to encrypt email.

I only MS Outlook would allow to set the content-type explicitly - to
implement PGP/MIME - the remaining deployment problem would be
solvable.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner