Re: Notation packet for PGP/MIME ability

2005-01-13 07:44:32

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:55:58 -0600, Brian G Peterson said:

For context, I work on the OpenPGP implementation for Squirrelmail, an open
source mail client.  Our implementation uses GnuPG 'underneath' to do the
encryption.  I only see support in gpg for adding/examining notation packets
on *signature* data, not notations on *keys*.

Use --show-sig-subpacket --with-colons and you get all the
subpackets.  Grepping for the relevant notation data is the easy.

--sig-notation and --cert-notation may be used to set notation data.

In general I think it is better to fix Outlook than to find ways to
work around it.  Maybe the EU decision is of help here.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner