RE: Adding GOST as a cipher?

2005-01-24 05:45:58

( Hal, what did you think of the triple GOST idea?
Are three ghosts scarier than one?  ;)

Please bear in mind that some of my precautions regarding GOST cipher strength
was a little overdo. To this day all attacks against the cipher remains fully
theoretical, and no practical weakness has been demonstrated. That will not
last for eternity, however. I think, we need a more detailed evaluation of its
current state before implementing it in three-encryption mode. I cannot
recommend any domestic literature on the topic -- most of it is heavily
biased.