RE: Adding GOST as a cipher?

2005-01-21 16:10:43

This won't help much unless you also consider specifying GOST R 34.11-94
(based on GOST 28147-89 block cipher) for hash function and GOST R
34.19-2001
(based on elliptic curves) for digital signature. These are the
only permitted
algorithms for banking/government use in Russia.

Do they specify a public key encryption
algorithm?

I'm now trying to figure it out. Oddly, there is no GOST standard for PK. RSA
is used often enough in banking sector, but banks have less strict
regulations, and even using 3DES. That's not an issue for government
organisations though. I'll give an answer on PK in day or two.