Re: Adding GOST as a cipher?

2005-01-21 11:07:23

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 05:50:48PM +0000, Ian G wrote:

I'm taking a wait and see attitude with regards to GOST itself, but
I am against sticking in an ID without details.  Whether in 2440bis
or in another document, we should either do GOST or not do GOST.
The halfway thing doesn't really help anyone.

A few months back we actually removed some 'IDs without details'
from the draft.

So the test might be that even though 2440bis does
not describe the paramaters/details, it should have
a reference to where they *are* definitively stated,
to the extent that any implementation can create an
OpenPGP compatible plugin with that algorithm.

Not even that.  There is no need to split details between two
documents.  If we're going to do GOST, put it all in 2440bis, or put
it all in another document.

David