Re: Adding GOST as a cipher?

2005-01-21 09:13:53

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 03:00:01PM +0100, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
On Friday 21 January 2005 01.53, Ian G wrote:

The only objection I would have is if it help up the
draft.  If something else is holding up the draft, no
problems.

It would however be a nuisance if it was "rushed in"
only to find out later that it is ... not quite right.

Perhaps 'rush in' an ID (or a couple of IDs, as per Vlad Miller's mail) with
reference to it being the sole legally useful algorithm for some
applications in russia, with all details to be ironed out in another
document?

I'm taking a wait and see attitude with regards to GOST itself, but I
am against sticking in an ID without details.  Whether in 2440bis or
in another document, we should either do GOST or not do GOST.  The
halfway thing doesn't really help anyone.

A few months back we actually removed some 'IDs without details' from
the draft.

David