Re: Chosen-ciphertext attack on receiver anonymity

2005-07-05 00:35:53

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:13:53 +1200, Peter Gutmann said:

It's somewhat confusing GPG terminology.

I agree that --hidden-recipient is a better name; however 7 years ago
someone asked for an option of this name to be able to send anonymous
messages to public newsgroups without prior negotiation of a one time
key.

It's not just misleading, it's an absolute bastard to support for
implementors.  So I think it should be deprecated not only because it serves

Decryption are 38 lines including verbose error checking and status
reporting.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner