Re: Chosen-ciphertext attack on receiver anonymity

2005-07-05 01:13:02

Werner Koch <wk(_at_)gnupg(_dot_)org> writes:
On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:13:53 +1200, Peter Gutmann said:
It's not just misleading, it's an absolute bastard to support for
implementors.  So I think it should be deprecated not only because it serves

Decryption are 38 lines including verbose error checking and status
reporting.

Well, in your implementation perhaps.  If you've got an interface that
supports a general-purpose key-fetch (fetch the key for this person or this
ID), not only is there no easy way to say "keep fetching whatever keys happen
to turn up until I tell you to stop" without maintaining state in the key-
source (making it non-multithreadable), but handling all of this stuff in an
implementation that's designed for "identify-key, fetch, decrypt" greatly
complicates the code.

Peter.