Re: Cleartext Signatures

2005-10-10 07:33:43

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 03:43:05 -0700 Ben Laurie
<ben(_at_)algroup(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
wrote:
Section 7 says that the last bit of a cleartext signature is:

"The ASCII armored signature(s) including the '-----BEGIN PGP
SIGNATURE-----' Armor Header and Armor Tail Lines."

This is ambiguous, since in previous sections "Armor Header" has
referred to name/value pairs, of which there could be none or more

than
one, and not the "-----blah-----" line, which is called the "Armor

Header Line".

Since I have seen signature both with and without headers (i.e.
some
with no headers do not have a blank line between the header line
and the
armoured text), I'd like to know what is actually correct here!

Cheers,

also,
could there be a consensus on the maximum length of
a comment or version line,

long version lines (example the freeware pgp editions)
wrap in gnupg,
and there is an error message of invalid armor heador,
and further attempts at decryption/verification are stopped

would suggest 64 characters, to keep it the same as the rest of the
pgp armor

vedaa