Multiple signatures in clearsigned messages (was Re: Cleartext Signatures)

2005-10-11 15:30:47

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 04:27:04PM +0200, Daniel A. Nagy wrote:

I also have a question regarding clearsigned documents. Are multiple
signatures in clearsigned documents supported by OpenPGP (the fact
that multiple hash algorithms are allowed suggests that they are)?
And if so, how exactly? I would put all of them in a single armored
signature block, but the standard does not explicitly specify this
or any other method.

Yes, they are supported, and the putting all of them in a single
armored signature block is the way to do it.  Section 7 refers to "The
ASCII armored signature(s)" in the signature block.  The text seems
reasonably clear to me - what is not good here?

David