Re: Cleartext Signatures

2005-10-10 08:05:14

vedaal(_at_)hush(_dot_)com wrote:
also,
could there be a consensus on the maximum length of a comment or version line,

long version lines (example the freeware pgp editions)
wrap in gnupg,
and there is an error message of invalid armor heador,
and further attempts at decryption/verification are stopped

It is possible to parse for the next empty line,
but I agree this is a pain, as there are other
artifacts that occur when extra empty lines are
inserted by conversions.

would suggest 64 characters, to keep it the same as the rest of the pgp armor

The line length of the armor is not standard
IIRC, so this would not be a good guide.  A
better guide would be to be no longer than any
of the Head/Tail lines, as any slicing that
occurs in the Head/Tail lines will cause more
than normal chaos.

iang

PS:  with a nod to Ben's comment, I mean by
Head/Tail lines those lines that start with
----- in column 1.