Re: Outstanding question - rule on cleartext signing last line

2005-12-08 06:05:07

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 01:23:01PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 11:43:48 +0000, Ian G said:

But I think we need to hear from the PGP Inc and GPG
architects on this?

I recall that we tweaked gpg's behaviour in this regard until all
users were satisfied.  Thus I'd say not to add new requirement to the
specs.

I, for one, like the way GPG behaves in this respect very much. Any change
to the spec that would make gpg's current behavior non-compliant should be
considered harmful, IMHO.

--
Daniel