Re: V3 secret keys

2006-02-14 22:37:12

Peter Gutmann wrote:
Ian G <iang(_at_)systemics(_dot_)com> writes:
Ben Laurie wrote:
Obviously the I-D should be updated to reflect this (and clearly no-one
has ever implemented v3 keys from it).
(I'm not qualified to rewrite the draft on that issue.)

Why not just include the pseudocode (or more usefully straight C code) for
the operation?  That's the ultimate definitive description, any programmer
can understand it, and you don't run into the problems you do with the
english description.

(Even if an implementer doesn't understand it, they can always just cut &
paste the code).

Isn't there some dumb IETF rule against that?