Re: V3 secret keys

2006-02-07 04:46:06

Ben Laurie wrote:
OK, I had to resort to reading the PGP 2 source to find out what was
going on here.

In essence its fairly simple, but is _definitely_ no explained by the I-D.

I would agree.  The fantastic PGP chaining mode
is my number one favourite feature to get the axe
just as soon as possible.

Your story has been repeated many times...  I
recall massive arguments about it when we implemented
it in Java originally; for less than 10 lines of code
it generated days of anger as various people argued
this point or that point.

Obviously the I-D should be updated to reflect this (and clearly no-one
has ever implemented v3 keys from it).

(I'm not qualified to rewrite the draft on that issue.)

iang