Re: V3 secret keys

2006-02-04 03:17:12

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 03:29:25PM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
Daniel A. Nagy wrote:
Right, your description is equivalent, but different from the traditional
view of CFB. I implemented CFB resynchronization based on the description in
Bruce Schneier's "Applied Cryptography", without looking into any
implementations. The result was interoperable at first attempt.

I (reluctantly) dug out my copy of "Applied Cryptography" and I see no
mention of "resynchronisation".

Figure 9.9 (in Section 9.6) shows the encryption and decryption of a partial
block. Resynchronization is making the current block partial (ending it
at the current position) and starting a new one.

--
Daniel