bis17 is out

2006-05-08 15:37:16

It includes all the changes to bis16, as well as one other; a new section to 12.

The problem is that OpenPGP uses PKCS#1, and the most recent PKCS#1 RFC, 3447 changes some conventions. For our purposes, the obsoleted one, 2437, is most correct. Normative references to an obsolete RFC are a problem, so we put in a section to describe how we do it, while making proper reference to 3447.

As part of this, I changed all uses of "PKCS-1" to "PKCS#1" as that seems to be the most proper thing to call it. I missed one of these, which will be changed in bis18.

        Jon