Re: bis17 is out

2006-05-09 07:04:04

Jon Callas <jon(_at_)callas(_dot_)org> writes:

It includes all the changes to bis16, as well as one other; a new
section to 12.

The problem is that OpenPGP uses PKCS#1, and the most recent PKCS#1
RFC, 3447 changes some conventions. For our purposes, the obsoleted
one, 2437, is most correct. Normative references to an obsolete RFC
are a problem, so we put in a section to describe how we do it, while
making proper reference to 3447.

As part of this, I changed all uses of "PKCS-1" to "PKCS#1" as that
seems to be the most proper thing to call it. I missed one of these,
which will be changed in bis18.

It seems like we've made it through WGLC with no substantive issues.
So I hereby call 2440bis "done".  I'll formerly request that Sam
present it to the IESG later this week.

Jon, if you intend to issue a bis18 then I'll wait, but if it's just
a simple edit we could send bis17 with the editor note to make the
change you missed.  Please let me know your intension.

      Jon

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com