OpenPGP Minutes / Quick Summary

2006-07-12 16:25:21

OpenPGP
TUESDAY, July 11, 2006
1850-1950 Afternoon Session IV

Ten people showed up for the meeting.  Only one person was am
implementor, and that was in the past (he's not an OpenPGP implementor
anymore).

2440bis has been submitted to Sam and he will review it and act on it
in two weeks.  He asked if we really still have enough interest to
remain a working group.  In particular do we have 10 reviewers working
on the draft.  The Chair was tasked with asking the mailing list and
seeing how many reviewers we really have.  If we do not have
sufficient quorum then Sam will shut us down and ask that any future
work be submitted as individual drafts (including taking 2440bis(ter?)
to Draft Standard).

Thomas Roessler gave a history of the Multiple Signature Draft.  It's
an extension to RFC1847 to allow the "signature" portion of the
message to be a "multipart/mixed" and have a set of signatures on the
signed data instead of just a single signature.  This signature set
could be a combination of OpenPGP and e.g. S/MIME signatures.

An interop grilloff was proposed to start around October, 2006 and
last about six months to take 2440bis to DRAFT, but we need people
interested in the work to take it forward, be editors and reviewers,
etc.  PGP Corp may be willing to host a meeting if there is call and
interest, and if the work cannot be done online.

The OpenPGP Header work is on hold due to lack of time.  It's stuck
on an ABNF definition.

New work proposed on the list: PFS, Deniable Authentication, V5 Keys,
and Alternate Ciphers.  Nobody in the room seemed interested.  Charter
and Milestone updates have been put on hold pending feedback that the
working group is still viable.

-derek
--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com