Re: OpenPGP Minutes / Quick Summary

2006-07-14 07:29:28

Derek Atkins wrote:

OpenPGP
TUESDAY, July 11, 2006
1850-1950 Afternoon Session IV

Ten people showed up for the meeting.  Only one person was am
implementor, and that was in the past (he's not an OpenPGP implementor
anymore).

2440bis has been submitted to Sam and he will review it and act on it

Sorry, who is Sam?

in two weeks.  He asked if we really still have enough interest to
remain a working group.  In particular do we have 10 reviewers working
on the draft.  The Chair was tasked with asking the mailing list and
seeing how many reviewers we really have.  If we do not have
sufficient quorum then Sam will shut us down and ask that any future
work be submitted as individual drafts (including taking 2440bis(ter?)
to Draft Standard).

Does he mean, 10 people on the mailing list
that comment on the draft?  That should be
easy to show.

I can understand there not being more than
10 people showing up to the meeting.  It's
very expensive to attend those things, and
this has been going on for a decade or so.

There are probably 10 implementations out
there...  Of the implementations I know:

Gpg, PGP Inc,
Cryptix, epointsystems, hushmail

(Thanks for the other comments, too).

iang