Re: Face to face meeting in Cozumel?

2008-01-17 09:32:49

Daniel A. Nagy wrote:
Dear WG,

I have noticed, that several active members of the WG are going to attend
FC2008 in Cozumel, Mexico.

Would you be interested in an informal meeting to discuss some
OpenPGP-related issues face to face? A restaurant or a lounge in the hotel
would be my preferred location.

As for myself, I would like to discuss the following (in this order of
importance):

- C library development. Currently, we have an orphaned(?) OpenCDK and an
  incomplete OpenPGP:SDK. A native C library would open the door for
  efficient, usable libraries for other languages (Perl, Python, Ruby,
  PHP, etc.), so I feel that this is very important. I am counting on Ben
  Laurie's participation for this one.

Unfortunately I had to cancel Cozumel because of other commitments.

I do welcome the attention to OpenPGP:SDK, which is gradually getting
more complete. I'd be happy to find some other opportunity to meet - for
example, I am frequently in the Bay Area (next week, for example). Also,
I will be at NDSS and ShmooCon.

- Reference implementations, test vectors.

+1

- Exotic signature types and their possible uses, semantics (timestamp,
  notarization, standalone, etc.).

- Forward secrecy

My name is on this one, too :-)

--