Re: Please adopt http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-groth-openpgp-attribute-extension-00.txt

2008-08-16 06:28:39

Simon Josefsson wrote:

Ok.  I suggest to explain (in the document) these use cases and to
broaden the abstract -- right now the abstract strongly implies to me
that you only intend the use-case to be OpenPGP in TLS:

Server uses of which TLS is going to be the biggest use case is the main
objective at present, most server certificates in the X.509 world have a
lot more than just dnsName, such as company name, maybe a contact, the
country, state/territory/province, town/suburb and so on and so forth.

However I have a secondary internet draft that depends on this one that
I'm currently in the process of writing and so on that I'd like to use
OpenPGP keys for DNS encryption.

Most recently draft published to the IETF site:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-groth-dns-encryption-02.txt

However this has now changed substantially, and the current draft is here:

http://open-pgp.info/wiki/index.php?title=DNS_Encryption_Draft

Along with a bunch of text I have no idea what to do with:

http://open-pgp.info/wiki/index.php?title=Why_X.509_is_Bad

--

Best regards,
 Duane