Re: Ideas on new user attribute types and image formats

2009-01-30 11:35:26

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:23:47AM -0500, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
On 01/29/2009 01:23 PM, Peter Thomas wrote:
1) PNG (ISO 15948, RFC 2083)

I fully agree that we should be supporting PNG here.  That's long
overdue, and you don't have to do lossless compression in png, iiuc.

We need (in the abstract) a way to store a picture in an OpenPGP user
ID, and we have that now.  What does adding a second way to store that
picture buy us that we don't have already?

I'm not really for or against PNG in OpenPGP, but I don't yet see the
point here.

David