Re: [openpgp] Proposal for a separable ring signature scheme compatible with RSA, DSA, and ECDSA keys

2014-03-13 16:12:12
On 03/13/2014 05:03 PM, Vincent Yu wrote:
I propose an extension to RFC 4880 to add support for ring signatures
based on a separable scheme published by Abe et al. in 2002 [AOS04].

The following additions to RFC 4880 are proposed:

1. A new public-key algorithm, ID 22, for ring signatures.

a claim has already been made for public key algorithm ID 22 for EdDSA.

See:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.openpgp/7419/focus=7421

I think it would be a mistake to force a collision here.

I haven't had a chance to review the meat of the proposal yet, but i
think proposals like are better off starting with an experimental public
key algorithm ID so that the discussion can be about the algorithm
itself and its use within OpenPGP, rather than opening up ID assignment
quibbling.

thanks for the proposal,

        --dkg