Re: [openpgp] Proposal for a separable ring signature scheme compatible with RSA, DSA, and ECDSA keys

2014-03-13 16:25:45
On 03/13/2014 05:11 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> a claim has already been made for public key algorithm ID 22 for EdDSA.
>
> See:
>
>    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.openpgp/7419/focus=7421
>
> I think it would be a mistake to force a collision here.
>
> I haven't had a chance to review the meat of the proposal yet, but i
> think proposals like are better off starting with an experimental public
> key algorithm ID so that the discussion can be about the algorithm
> itself and its use within OpenPGP, rather than opening up ID assignment
> quibbling.

Whoops. Thanks, that's a good point.

It's too late now for me to modify the example I gave in Appendix A, but if I create any more examples, I'll use experimental IDs instead of 22 and 33.

Vincent