Re: [openpgp] Proposal for a separable ring signature scheme compatible with RSA, DSA, and ECDSA keys

2014-03-14 17:31:11
On 03/14/2014 12:46 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 14:55, v(_at_)v-yu(_dot_)com said:
What ECC signing algorithms does the current development version of
GnuPG support?

ECDSA.

EdDSA (Bernstein et al's Schnorr variant) will likely be added soon.

Thanks.

Are there any other signature algorithms or schemes that are likely to appear within the next few years in either OpenPGP or GnuPG?

Right now, my understanding is that RSA, DSA, ECDSA, and EdDSA are the only signing keys / algorithms. Is this correct?

I only have specifications for RSA and DSA keys in the current proposal, but I think there is no issue augmenting the proposal to support ECDSA and EdDSA keys. If there other types of signing keys that are likely to appear, I would like to take a look to see whether they can be included successfully in the proposed ring signature scheme.

Vincent