Re: [openpgp] Work items for openpgp relaunch: Content-type equivalent

2015-03-15 16:50:49
On Sun 2015-03-15 15:43:36 -0400, Werner Koch wrote:
On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 21:49, tbray(_at_)textuality(_dot_)com said:

There’s one missing piece, the equivalent of HTTP Content-type.  You can
easily encrypt anything - a message, a picture, a video - and send it off

What about using RFC-3156 PGP/MIME and set the Content-type?

I agree that reusing PGP/MIME to get this functionality is better than
re-inventing it elsewhere.

IIRC, a new flag 'm' for the Literal Data Packet was once suggest to
indicate the data has a MIME structure.  That would allow to convey all
kind of meta information using a matured standard.

I like this proposal, and i think it would make a useful extension to

        --dkg