Re: [openpgp] "OpenPGP Simple"

2015-03-16 13:09:19
Agree.  RFC 4880 is not terribly hard to implement in code if you focus on
the common use cases ("MUST" ciphers and modes) and ignore the optional
edge cases that very few people use in real practice.

I agree. I've implemented large parts of RFC4880 several times, with only a few catches. This is just feedback I've gotten from others I've tried to work with, especially specs where I've suggested they use OpenPGP instead of inventing their own crypto (I think the first community I tried this with was Salmon/MagicSig).

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted