Re: [openpgp] "OpenPGP Simple"

2015-03-18 17:52:07
On Tue, 2015-03-17 at 10:30 -0400, Phill wrote:
Do not build OpenPGP around assumptions based on SMTP continuing
forever.
+1, especially since I there are still many people here mentioning
mail/SMTP and their restrictions/issues/problems quite often.

A future OpenPGP (core) standard should try to avoid solving the
issues/limitations of any other standard/protocols.

That being said, I also don't like the idea of mail header
signing/encryption.
It's simply not OpenPGP's task and one should rather create an amendment
for the mail standards or MIME which describes how an OpenPGP
signed/encrypted headers would be embedded in an mail.

Cheers,
Chris.