Re: [openpgp] Manifesto - who is the new OpenPGP for?

2015-03-24 23:06:49
The Internet is for Everyone.

7.125 billion or go home.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 7:17 PM, ianG <iang(_at_)iang(_dot_)org> wrote:
On 24/03/2015 03:36 am, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:

Long story short:
I don't think that OpenPGP was ever the system of the masses, and
perhaps it even shouldn't be.

OK!  Now that's the beginnings of a manifesto.  It's a position, plain and
simple.

I think differently - I think a system that doesn't target the masses is
doomed.

What do others think?

This is no light question, it could decide who participates, what the
security model is, how 'hard' it is, where the compromises are found ... and
decide its ultimate success.

iang

ps; this was taken from the other thread, plenty of actual argumentation in
that too, but I know most will not read for length.