Re: [openpgp] 4880bis: Update S2K

2015-04-22 19:46:15
S2K with MD hashes is a horrible KDF. It is very very much worse than
PBKDF2.

The main reason that there are no papers comparing them is that S2K is so
obviously bad that no-one thinks it is worth the effort of publishing about
it.

Scrypt is okay as a password hash. Lyra2 would be better.
On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 12:57 PM Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu>