Re: [openpgp] Fingerprint, Base32 or Base32C?

2015-04-28 09:14:20
Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill(_at_)hallambaker(_dot_)com> writes:

The idea is that when someone is typing in the fingerprint, the client
can perform a parity check to see if the fingerprint data is correct
as the user is typing rather than waiting to the end.

Why would someone type in a fingerprint?  Could you give me a use-case
for that?

The only use case I've ever seen is that you copy-and-paste it onto your
business card (or presentation, or other printed/distributed material),
and then the verifier performs a visual match later between the printed
material and their verification screen.

-derek
--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com