Re: [openpgp] Fingerprint, Base32 or Base32C?

2015-04-27 17:20:31
On Mon, 2015-04-27 at 16:49 -0400, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
The idea is that when someone is typing in the fingerprint, the client
can perform a parity check to see if the fingerprint data is correct
as the user is typing rather than waiting to the end.
Okay, I see...

Well I have no strong opinion against it, but as I've said before,... it
seems like "fingerprinting the fingerprint" and I guess it tempts people
to check even less carefully - on the other hand, you never can prevent
people from doing stupid things, so if someone really just compares the
checksum, then it's IMHO his fault, and not the existence of the
checksum.

Cheers,
Chris.