Re: [openpgp] chairs for chartering process

2015-05-01 16:24:49
Greetings, and thank's Stephen (I think) for the opportunity

Daniel and I have been talking a bit about the working group, and a charter. We'd like to put some of those ideas to the list for discussion. Ideally, it would be good if we could have some consensus about a charter within the next week or two to start the formation process.

We would like to scope this WG fairly tightly, therefore:

1) The primary charter goal would be create a RFC4880bis document.
   a) At the end of that process, we would either re-charter, or close.
b) Other documents (informational or bcp) MAY be entertained by the WG, but are not required for the WG to complete it's task, nor will their progress "keep the WG from closing"

2) We will require at least two independent reviews (from within the WG) of an individual submission before a document is considered a candidate for WG acceptance. The chairs will help chide reviewers, but we want to see interest in the WG in a document before it progresses.

3) We are going to try and run this group virtually as much as possible (i.e. we will only physically meet if necessary).

        What do you all think about these as chartering concepts?

        Christopher