Re: [openpgp] Proposed WG charter

2015-06-01 08:52:57
On Mon 2015-06-01 08:18:23 -0400, Simon Josefsson wrote:
Good starting point.  It looks rather open ended when it comes to the
actual issues with RFC 4880 though.  Can you mention at least five
top-priority issues in RFC 4880 that needs to be adressed?  This would
tighten the scope a bit, without limiting ability to adress other
issues.

I think it would only tighten the scope if we *did* prohibit addressing
any un-mentioned issues, and i'd rather not commit to something with
that kind of wording.

OTOH, having some explicit targets listed here (without limiting the
work to those targets) would help the group to make sure that 4880bis
did cover the relevant ground.

Simon, if you had to list items that you thought were "must-haves",
which would they be?

Some highlights I'd go for (needs wordsmithing, just brainstorming here,
and not in any particular order):

 * inclusion of the CFRG elliptic curves

 * proper AEAD symmetric crypto

 * updated mandatory-to-implement algorithms

 * updated fingerprints

I'm not sure they need to be in the charter, but if there's a general
sense from the group that they should be, and a prompt proposal for the
language change, i have no objection to including them.

     --dkg