Re: [openpgp] Proposed WG charter

2015-06-01 11:32:57
On Mon 2015-06-01 11:48:48 -0400, Werner Koch wrote:
 * updated fingerprints

No idea.

That is important because we need to be future poof and plan to retire
SHA-1.  That also means a v5 packet format and thus this goal alone
would not be sufficent.  Better don't put it explictly on the list.

I'm not convinced that an updated fingerprint requires a v5 packet
format.  Can you explain that?

I recall improvements to PGP/MIME was discussed?

That means to update RFC-3156.  Although related top OpenPGP, it is a
different thing.  I would be in favor of adding this as a second work
item to charter.  The required changes are minimal.

I think the WG should focus on 4880bis to try to get it done cleanly and
promptly.  If we do it right, this would indicate functional interest
and an active community.  If an update to PGP/MIME is something the
community also ends up working on, we ought to be able to recharter to
expand into work on that.

           --dkg