Re: [openpgp] call for adoption of draft-koch-openpgp-rfc4880bis

2016-06-27 11:25:13
Hi,

I'm in favor of accepting this.

I'll also point out that I had made another suggested update on April 14
(Subject: Proposed Patch to RFC4880bis to reserve two public key
numbers) which has not been incorporated into the document.

-derek

Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg(_at_)fifthhorseman(_dot_)net> writes:

hey OpenPGP folks--

We've had a slow start on 4880bis, but i'm hoping we can get things
moving again.  One of the things we need to do bureaucratically is to
officially adopt a specific draft as the basis of our ongoing work.

Werner Koch has prepared and submitted the beginnings of the new
revision of RFC 4880, the current version of which you can see here:

   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-koch-openpgp-rfc4880bis-02

This is a call for adoption of this draft by the OpenPGP WG.  Please
speak up soon if you have any concerns, or if you think this document
should not be adopted by the WG for some reason.  Please also speak up
if you are in favor of adoption.

A brief reminder of what adoption by the WG would mean:

 * this draft would become the *starting point* for RFC 4880bis; the
   draft is currently not complete, but it would be the basis upon which
   the group would build the new proposal.

 * Werner Koch would be the document editor, but the decisions about the
   draft would be made by the working group.  I want to thank Werner for
   his willingness to put in his time as the document editor.

 * Since our charter (https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/openpgp/charter/)
   is aimed primarily at making a revision to RFC 4880, we would
   hopefully focus our efforts on contributing review and amendments to
   this draft, with a goal of driving it to IETF Last Call within the
   year.

Please give feedback on draft adoption!

   --dkg

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com