Re: [openpgp] Scoped trust (signatures)

2018-05-28 02:06:23
Each of the email servers I use has a slightly different web-GUI framework for
specifying a rule. One of them, for example, is structured so that I have to
enter "To" and "CC" on separate lines. Another one lets me specify "To" or
"Any Recipient" (which means either To or CC). On another, I have to actually
use the generic filter on some line and type in the CC if I want to filter on
CC. In the actions phase of this, one of them automatically terminates after
matching one other rule, while another one makes me put in an action line to
stop processing following rules. But at the end of the day, they're all Sieve
scripts.

I believe you've described the very problem with this approach here: A powerful
and flexible mechanism leads to many inconsistencies between implementations,
that's just unavoidable. For sieve scripts you might be fine with that, at worst
some messages will go in the wrong folder once in a while. But are you really
okay with same level of inconsistency in a trust model?

 - V