Re: [openpgp] OpenPGP Web Key Directory I-D

2018-11-09 08:16:50
On 09.11.2018 14:41, Werner Koch wrote:
On Fri,  9 Nov 2018 12:37, wiktor(_at_)metacode(_dot_)biz said:

If I'd be designing such a protocol now I'd probably overlay it on top
of WebFinger (RFC 7033) but currently the benefits would not
counter-balance added work for everyone involved.

I actually looked into WebFinger but figured that there is no need to
employ yet another protocol format (JSON) and possible require special
handling on the server side.

Good points, now WKD is single-roundtrip and easy to deploy in static
setups although at the cost of making "special handling on the server
side" harder (due to SHA-1).

Looking forward to the I-D updated with "?l="!

Kind regards,
Wiktor

--
https://metacode.biz/@wiktor