Re: [openpgp] User ID Attribute Subpacket

2019-03-05 02:14:22
On Mon, Mar 04, 2019 at 05:26:36PM +0100, Justus Winter wrote:
On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 4:35 PM Derek Atkins <derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com>
wrote:
On Mon, March 4, 2019 10:02 am, Justus Winter wrote:
So your usecase is to have a UserAttribute packet, with a single UserID
subpacket, and one or more Image subpackets, bound by a single signature.
Is that correct?

I'm confused by your confusion.  What part of "additional attributes" do
you not understand?  I'm not trying to be a PITA here, but I'm honestly
not understanding your confusion about what is meant here by what I said.

But to answer your question, yes, I want to have a UserID and an Image
with one binding signature -- and possibly additional future attribute
subpackets, too.

Well, your proposal is about adding some notation data, and I did not imagine
you wanting to burden your embedded devices (for which a mere URI as the
notation data's key is too much) with images.

I believe that by "additional attributes" Derek also means "additional
attribute types" - not just images, but other, not yet defined, types of
attributes, in which to keep additional data.  This might be what you're
missing from his explanations - he wants to have a packet that contains
a user ID and *other* attributes, not necessarily images, that might not
take too much space.

G'luck,
Peter

--