Re: [openpgp] Requesting the editor to step down

2020-04-19 17:07:53
On Fri, 17 Apr 2020, Ronald Tse wrote:

It is hardly Werner’s fault that consensus is difficult to come by in this
group. Given that the OpenPGP Working Group
has “already” been disbanded

I'm also confused what that means for the bis draft. If there is no
working group, then anyone can submit any kind of draft proposal
as a bis document. But there is no WG, so I don't think the WG
can decide to replace anyone on any draft?

I'm not sure though a "bis" document could replace an existing standard
without a WG behind it? It would seem odd for an AD sponsored document
to replace a WG document ?

As for the editing situation. It is possible that it would be beneficial
for an editor to be added to the document for improved response time to
various edits of the document. Maybe even someone less involved in
openpgp so they can keep their role as much administrative as possible
without technical bias?

Paul